At CareCap, our goal is to provide value to your business by making the payment process as easy as possible, both for you and for your clients. On August 3rd, we released new functionality to support the need for Electronic Invoicing with online payments.
Electronic Invoicing was built to support the following scenario:
Service Providers, medical and dental offices regularly mail paper statements or invoices to their clients & patients. Statements are used to collect the entire amount due for services after down payments or after insurance settlements have been applied.
Mailing traditional paper statements is not only expensive and time-consuming, they are slow to reach clients and inconvenient to pay once received. Clients open the paper invoice and set it aside to be dealt with later. Then there is the challenge of tracking which customers have paid and sending reminders to those who have not. CareCap’s Electronic Invoicing capability was designed to automate this process, making it easy for you, your clients or your patients.
Electronic Invoicing with Online Payments
CareCap Invoices include the following benefits:
- Create the Electronic Invoice – Sending electronic invoices using the CareCap portal is as simple as selecting “Email Contract or Invoice” when setting up an Account.
- Invoices are delivered via email – Patients receive their invoices instantly, which means your practice gets paid sooner.
- Online Payment- Patients conveniently pay online with either a credit card, debit card or bank account.
- Automated Reminder Emails – CareCap sends reminder emails to your patients until they pay. This means reduced collection calls, fewer overdue accounts, and less paperwork.
- Reporting- All transactions and reporting happens online. Quickly look at your portal to see who has paid.
- Inexpensive- The patient pays no fees on the transaction and your office only pays merchant processing*
*Merchant processing = 3%
User Interface Changes
There are a few changes to the user interface of the portal as well:
- On the Account Search Screen (Home Page), the Available Credit and Credit Line columns have been removed for simplicity.
- When adding a contract, there are now three options: Payment Plan, Invoice and Pay Now. Click between the three options to quickly choose the best payment method for your customer
- When setting up the Unit Price and Number of Units for a Procedure, the Number of Units field now accepts fractional entries (i.e. entering 0.5 would denote half of a unit and therefore cut the price in half).
- We have included a Pay Now option that allows you to make payments in real time instead of setting up a payment plan or emailing an invoice. This can be used to take payments over the phone or to keep a payment method on file for customers that have frequent transactions.
To learn more or if you have specific questions related to the release, please contact your Customer Success Manager.